Sunday, August 15, 2010

Andy's Random KIN Tips Page

Both my wife and I are happy KIN users so I thought I would share some information that might be useful to others about the KIN phones. Note that I am not attempting to replicate or duplicate the official support pages, but instead share additional information. As things come to me I'll try to add then to this page.

Caveat: this page is not condoned or endorsed by Microsoft or the KIN team. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Etc.

The built-in hands-free car kits we have used successfully are the Sony Ericsson HCB-30 (very old but that's what I have) and the Parrot CK3000. Although the KIN supports audio-over-bluetooth, neither of these do as the S/E is too old and the Toyota that has the CK3000 is incapable of accepting a useful�aux input (can you believe it? Toyota's in-car-audio story has been broken for a while).

We love the iGo range of chargers and cables, and the A97 tip (micro usb) works fine on our KIN ONEs. On a KIN TWO (which neither of us have) it is a tight fit though. With the splitter we can charge both phones with a single cable. We can also charge our Zunes with a different plug of course.

I don't have a part number but Verizon stores sell a hard case for the KIN ONE. I have the transparent one but noticed that the hole used for the external speaker is covered up, greatly reducing the ringtone. I carefully used a Dremel to make the hole that someone forgot to, to make sure I can hear it when my wife calls :-)

I don't usually edit comments on my blog but I will be making an exception here. Please don't rant about KIN or anything else, and please don't ask about things until you have tried the official KIN help pages first.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment